Janusz Adam Biedrzyckiis a dancer, choreographer, actor, teacher and culture promoter. He graduated in culture studies from the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin, Poland, with a BA in theatre and film studies, and an MA in folkloristics and ethnology. He has also obtained a post-graduate diploma in culture management at the University of Łódź, and completed the course School of Theatre Pedagogues run by the Theatre Institute in Warsaw.
He is a co-founder of the Theatre Association Chorea, and now collaborates with the company on permanent basis. He co-created or performed in the following choreographies staged by Chorea:
–Bachantki [TheBacchantes], directed by Tomasz Rodowicz, choreography: R.M. Hayden, 2012
–Grotowski. Próba Odwrotu [Grotowski. An attempt to retreat], directed by Tomasz Rodowicz, 2010
–Antygona [Antigone], directed by Dorota Porowska, 2009
–Gry w Pana Cogito [Play(ing) Mr. Cogito Games], directed by Tomasz Rodowicz, 2008
–Śpiewy Eurypidesa [Songs of Eurypides], directed by Tomasz Rodowicz, 2007
–Taniec Lasu [Dance of the Forest], directed by Kan Katsura, Tomasz Rodowicz, 2006
–Po Ptakach [After the Birds], directed by Jim Ennis, Jessica Cohen (Earthffal Dance Company), Tomasz Rodowicz, 2005
–Tezeusz w Labiryncie [Theseus in the Labyrinth], directed by Dorota Porowska, Elżbieta Rojek, 2004
–Tańce Labiryntu [Dances of The Labyrinth], directed by Dorota Porowska, Elżbieta Rojek, 2002
Janusz Adam Biedryzcki’s own projects:
Brzydal [The Ugly], directed by Janusz Adam Biedrzycki, Magdalena Paszkiewicz, 2013
Koguty, Borsuki i inne Kozły… [Roosters, badgers and other goats…], directed by Iga Załęczna, choreography: Janusz Adam Biedrzycki, 2011
Upadek Psycho Somatic Gay-m. [Fall Psychosomatic Gay-m.] a monodrama directed by Magdalena Paszkiewicz, choreography: Janusz Adam Biedrzycki, 2010
He also participated in/ co-organised:
– The Oratorium Dance Project CHOREA 2011/2012 named the Most Important Cultural Event of 2011 and given the Złota Maska [Golden Mask] award (with the participation of R.M. Hayden)
– the Edinburgh Festival Fringe as part of the programme Polska Art in Edinburgh of the Adam Mickiewicz Institute, Warsaw 2012
– The project Ekologie Miejskie:Topologie 2012[Urban Ecologies: Topologie 2012] run by Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź, 2012.
– 2nd edition of the International Theatre Festival RETRO/PER/SPECTIVES, Chorea/Łódź, 2012
– The project Summer in Theatre, as part of which he ran workshops on music and movement for young people, Chorea Theatre, Art Factory in Łódź, the workshops concluded with performances of Odloty at the Grochman Villa, 2010
Biedrzycki has collaborated with Paweł Passini (Nettheatre:Śpiewając w Pustce – Singing in Void, 2008;Kukła. Księga Blasku – The Puppet. The Book of Radiance,2012), Dariusz Skibiński (Cinema Theatre, A3 Theatre:Mazovia, Tańcz – Dance,2011), Pinokio Theatre in Łódź (The Wizard of Oz,2012), and the Polish National Film, Television and Theatre School in Łódź.
He has been involved in many performances, social actions and happening performances in Poland and abroad.
He has received a dance and theatre scholarship from the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of Poland (2010), and from the Łódź City Hall as a person involved in artistic activity, propagation and promotion of culture for his series of workshops concluded with the piece Brzydal [The Ugly]as part of the artistic and educational project Uwaga Człowiek! Napięcia Miasta 2013 [WARNING Human! City voltage].