The Polish Dance Network is a formalized mode of collaboration between cultural centres that support the art of dance across the country. The network supports the circulation of Polish productions and assists in artistic collaborations nationwide. Its openness to both institutional theatres and independent artists facilitates the presentation of Polish Art Dance in all of its diversity. The Network was initiated and organised by Maciej Kuźmiński. The historical agreement between representatives of this pilot project was signed on 19 November 2017 in Lublin.
Polish Dance Network presentations will begin in February 2018.
The pilot project of the Polish Dance Network is a collaboration between:
– Lublin Dance Theatre / Lublin Centre for Culture
– Kielce Dance Theatre,
– Teatr Tańca Caro / A. Meżerycki Art and Culture Centre in Siedlce,
– Art Stations Fundation (Old Brewery New Dance in Poznań),
– ROZBARK Theatre (Bytom),
– Regional Centre of Borderland Cultures in Krosno,
– Krakow Choreographic Centre / Nowa Huta Cultural Centre,
– Institute of Music and Dance (Warsaw).
The main goals of the Network include the creation of conditions for domestic presentations of pieces created by institutional companies and independent artists; consolidation of the dance community through the exchange between centres operating in various artistic aesthetics; more efficient and predictable use of finances allocated for dance.
In 2018, the programme of presentations realised as part of the Polish Dance Network includes the following pieces:
– Płaczki [Weepers] ? Grupa Wokół Centrum
– Stories We Have Never Told ? Lublin Dance Theatre
– Archipelago ? Teatr Tańca Caro / Maciej Kuźmiński
– Death: Exercises and Variations ? Renata Piotrowska-Auffret
– TOTAL ? Paweł Sakowicz
– Fast Foot Foot ? Rozbark Theatre | Anna Piotrowska
– Raw Light ? Art Stations Foundation | Anna Nowicka
Some of the above pieces will also be presented in Krakow, Poznań, Lublin, Siedlce, Krosno, and Bytom.
February 2018 presentations schedule:
2 February 2018 ? Grupa Wokół Centrum Płaczki [Weepers], Regional Centre of Borderland Cultures in Krosno
15 February 2018 ? Lublin Dance Theatre Stories We Have Never Told, Stary Browar in Poznań
17 February 2018 ? Teatr Tańca Caro / Maciej Kuźmiński Archipelago, Lublin Centre for Culture
17 February 2018 ? Renata Piotrowska-Auffret: Death: Exercises and Variations | Paweł Sakowicz TOTAL, ROZBARK Theatre in Bytom
For detailed information on the Network, as well as its events and presentations, visit:
and the Network?s Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/polish.dance.network/
Maciej Kuźmiński: email@example.com
Dagmara Gumkowska (Network Coordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org