A graduate of the Department of Dance Theater in Bytom, Academy for the Dramatic Arts in Cracow, Dominika Wiak is a member of the Krakow Choreographic Centre and co-founder of the informal creative collective STICKY FINGERS CLUB. She is an author of a number of original choreographic pieces. She participates in other artistic projects as a dancer, performer and choreographer.
Her recent productions include the solo MISSPIECE, Manhattan co-created with Daniela Komędera-Miśkiewicz, and STICKY FINGERS CLUB created collectively with Monika Witkowska, Daniela Komędera-Miśkiewicz and Dominik Więcekk.
Wiak has collaborated at the National Stary Theatre, J. Slowacki Theatre, Silesian Theatre, ROZBARK Theatre, and the Krakow Choreographic Center, among others.
She has danced and performed in productions/performances by Monika Strzępka and Paweł Demirski, Jakub Lewandowski, Dominika Knapik, Eryk Makohon, Sylwia Hefczyńska-Lewandowska, Maciej Kuźmiński, Radosław Rychcik, Magdalena Piekorz, Quan Bui Ngoc, Ben J. Riepe. She has performed in Sweden, China, Italy, Georgia, the Netherlands, Ukraine and Austria, among others.
Wiak is also a two-time participant in a research project on the interlinks between traditional and contemporary dance in China. She has received scholarships from the Minister of Culture and National Heritage and the Mayor of the City of Cracow.
Some of the other prizes awarded to Dominika Wiak include:
- MISSPIECE (D. Wiak) / finalist of the BEST OFF independent theaters competition;
- STICKY FINGERS CLUB (D. Wiak, D. Komędera-Miśkiewicz, D. Więcek, M. Witkowska) / 2nd prize at the BEST OFF independent theaters competition;
- STICKY FINGERS CLUB / 1st prize at the 55th Small Theatre Form Festival KONTRAPUNKT 2021;
- Manhattan (D.Wiak, D. Komędera-Miśkiewicz) / finalist of the BEST OFF independent theaters competition;
- Manhattan (film) / Audience award and honorable mention at the Polish Dance Theatre competition;
- MELANCHOLIA (J. Lewandowski) / BEST SOLO, International Solo Duo Festival in Budapest;
- MELANCHOLIA / 1st prize at the 3…2…1…DANCE! choreographic competition (Awarded by Gwyn Emberton);
- MELANCHOLIA / 1st prize at the Zawirowania Dance competition;
- Room 40 (M. Kuźmiński) / Audience Award at the Polish Dance Platform 2014;
- inner place (D. Wiak) / BEST SOLO, International Solo Duo Festival in Budapest