We are pleased to inform you that the solo Dominique choreographed by Maciej Kuźmiński and performed by Dominik Więcek, won the 1st Prize (EUR 2,000), the Critics? Award, and the special Aleksander Izailovski Award for ?inventive artistic voice.?
The festival took place on 1-3 June 2017 at the Serbian National Theatre. Each year approximately 100 artists from around Europe apply, with 17 selected for this year’s edition. The remaining awards include:
– the Second Prize of EUR 1,000 and Audience Award was presented to the pair of Slovenian choreographers Gasper Kunšek and Igan Kranjčan for their duo Alien Express, Untitled.
– the Third Prize of EUR 500 Euro for The Blessed, performed and choreographed by Rimi Pimoyan of Armenia.
This year’s Jury was formed by: Ashen Ataljanc – the prima balerina of the Serbian National Ballet in Novi Sad, Andreja Kulešević – independent choreographer, Vesna Orlić ? member of the board of directors of the Vienese Ballett, choreographer Sara Sguotti from Italy, and the Ukrainian choreographer Radu Poklitaru .
The event marked the final presentation of Kuźmiński and Więcek?s piece as a competition piece. Dominique had been previously awarded with numerous prizes and honourable mentions, including:
– 2nd Award and Scapino Production Award at the 30th International Choreographic Competition in Hannover, Germany (2016)
– Audience First Choice & Audience Final Choice Awards at the 20th Solo-Tanz-Theater Festival in Stuttgart, Germany (2016)
– 2nd Award & Audience Award at the Solo Dance Contest in Gdańsk, Poland (2015)
– 1st AWARD at the Warsaw Dance Platform 2015 at the Centre for Contemporary Art in Warszaw, Poland
– FINALIST of the International Choreographic Competition MASH ’15 in Jerusalem, Israel
– HONOURABLE MENTION at the Open Stage competition in Tarnów, Poland, and Monodrama Festival in Koszalin, Poland (both 2015)
Maciej Kuźmiński?s website: www.maciejkuzminski.com
About Dominik Więcek: http://www.taniecpolska.pl/ludzie/446