The Warsaw section of the International Dance Council ? Conseil International de la Dance CID, affiliated with UNESCO is delighted to invite all interested parties to the 45th World Congress on Dance Research, which will take place in Warsaw on 21-25 September 2016. The Congress provides participants with an unmatched opportunity to showcase their work to other dance teachers, choreographers, researchers, journalists, organizers and suppliers from Warsaw, Poland and abroad. A scientific conference, a trade fair and a participatory event, the Congress facilitates networking with colleagues and informal discussions. All forms of dance are represented. In order to maintain its high profile, the event is strictly non-profit and members only.
The program may include:
– Research reports (papers) presented and discussed among peers,
– Lectures on original subjects resulting from long experience,
– Classes by teachers who hold a short demonstration of their method,
– Performances by dance companies, duos or solos,
– Video projections presenting choreographies or full performances,
– Exhibitions and sales of books, records, pictures, costumes, accessories etc.,
– Evening events where members can engage in discussions in a relaxed setting or dance to local music,
– Visits to places of special interest, such as dance schools, museums, sites etc.
Organized by the Warsaw Section of CID in cooperation with the Faculty of ?Artes Liberales?, University of Warsaw, National Ethnographic Museum in Warsaw and the Warsaw Dance Department. The Congress is supported by the general CID-UNESCO and the Greek Dances Theatre ?Dora Stratou?.
Submitting a presentation is optional. Absentee presenters can register also; their presentations will be included in the program and in the proceedings. The proceedings website is visited by tens of thousands of dance professionals all over the world.
Participants who apply for a visa and/or grants and subsidies will be issued with official certificate of attendance.
More information for applicants:
Przemysław Kordos, +48 22 552 02 98 , wewn. 120; WarsawSectionCID@gmail.com